The United States consumes 75 tons of Oxycodone (Oxycontin) per year! That is 80% of worldwide consumption! One might be tempted to wonder about the First Ladies sense of priorities. After all, crusading against French fries in our school cafeterias in the context of this picture is a little like putting a bounty on kittens when your pastures are overrun with wolves!
I guess Karl Marx had it wrong when he pronounced Religion as the Opiate of the Masses…unless, he meant to say, “Religion needs to be replaced with Opiates (Oxycontin) for the Masses.”…in which case, it would appear that the mission has been accomplished! Perhaps our First Lady prefers her death of Liberty by stupor over heart attack-ack-ack-ack, which would delight the bureaucrat. After all, government can continue to tax stupor!
How is it that a government can be so fastidiously anal (literally) about patting down and x-raying every orifice of our bodies for the sake of our safety…and then turn around and open the opiate flood gates on the very same population? It makes no sense to me. And on top of that, the very same government actually “walks guns” into the hands of Mexican bad guys flooding us with every drug not found in the PDR! And she wants to save us…from French fries??
They are setting up the culinary equivalent of the Maginot Line to guard the front door while they chauffeur stupor in through the back door! But why would they want us skinny and stupid?
Hmm, let’s ponder this a moment…
- What is the most important thing where stupor is concerned?
- Who is the most important person in stupor’s world?
The guy with the prescription pad!
- Who staged nationwide OWS incoherent protests, unable to articulate a central message?
- Who was unaware of the Fed giving 7 Trillion taxpayer dollars to foreign banks until he heard it from Jon Stewart on The Daily Show…and then laughed?
- Who didn’t realize that Obama’s SOU 2012 was the same speech as SOU 2011?
- Who wants four more years of the same?
- Which leads us to Tyranny’s Citizen of the Year…
Who else would tolerate the abusive Statist? It is absolutely no different from spousal or child abuse. The abused surrender their power to the abuser in exchange for their perceived need…a need (or prescription) only their abuser can fill. Fairness, racial equality, redistribution…in the end, it is all about suffering.
Only one man holds the key to that door, and Tyranny would have us forget him.
“What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it heaven.” – Friedrich Holderlin