If “I am not an Obama Puppet!” as Clint Eastwood claims in response to the criticism of his “Halftime in America” Chrysler Super Bowl Ad…http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/super-bowl-chrysler-commercial-obama-clint-eastwood-politics-287204 …that leaves only one plausible conclusion:
He is a brain-dead dupe who has relinquished his American Citizenship in favor of a permanent residence in Eastwood Land!
There are two major problems with Hollywood (Eastwood Land)!
1) It is full of people who spend most of their life pretending to be someone other than who they really are!
2) They not only lose touch with themselves…they lose complete touch with the rest of us as well!
- When we were kids, we LOVED the illusion of Superman starring George Reeves…only to realize the off-camera suicidal reality of the man of steel.
- We grew up with an entire generation transformed by the “All You Need Is Love” magic of the Beatles…only to discover “All They Had Was Hate” for each other backstage!
- And now the man who has come to personify the greatest symbol of rugged individualism, the American Cowboy…struts out onto Americana’s Center Stage to Shill for the State in Prime Time!
There is the Tinseltown, Pop Culture Illusion, and there is the Reality. There is America, and there is Eastwood Land. You cannot live in both! “Halftime in America” was great pretending by one of the greatest pretenders of all time! They end up investing so much of themselves in the illusion, it becomes their reality. Elvis actually became a badge-wearing, gun-carrying “Special Deputy” Narc for Nixon. Sir Paul McCartney and his All Star Knights have become the out-of-touch Minstrels in the Court of King Obama! This is the fool Lennon found it so hard to suffer!! He lectures us about our President without the experience of living in America! Who does that?? Who but the ultimate Fool on the Hill could have the temerity to begrudge the slave for despising the master!
Forget the fact that the commercial fits perfectly into Obama’s Re-Election Campaign Themes. The “feel good” illusion of Halftime in America is created by selling the lie that we are a team that simply needs to come together to overcome an enemy or adversity outside of ourselves…when in reality, we are being systematically destroyed from within. If you lived in America, you would know this. From the lofty towers in Eastwood Land you are just too removed to have a clue! This is what happens to that part of us that gets its news from Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert! There are the Royal Elites of Eastwood Land, the Legions of the Lost who worship them and then…there is rest of America!
So, in reality Halftime in America is no different from any other Eastwood film…it is manufactured illusion, in this case tax-payer funded propaganda! Had they named it Halftime in Eastwood Land and financed it themselves, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
But if you must make a film about the experience of real Americans living in America using the metaphor of our most popular sport, then it’s only fair to share the playbook with “the world that’s going to hear the roar of our engines.”
- Make unknown community organizer the quarterback.
- Alienate your allies and appease your enemies.
- Embrace Marxist/Alinsky tactics of Class Warfare & Wealth Redistribution to turn the teammates against each other.
- Control the Media and Pop Culture (Eastwood Land).
- Diminish the Constitution and re-characterize Patriotism as Extremism.
- Attack the Family & the Church (See cover of Newsweek!)
- Penalize success and reward failure.
- Expand the Entitlement Class (Dependency up 23%).
- Have Establishment of both political parties declare war on Conservatism.
- Win the support and endorsement of the Unions & the Communist Party!
This isn’t Halftime in America…Halftime in 1917 Petrograd, maybe! Something tells me that if Coach Coughlin had employed the playbook above in the Big Game on Sunday, the Canyon of Heroes would have been a very, very, lonely and empty place yesterday!