What does it mean to be free? I suppose that if we were to randomly stop a dozen citizens from different places and situations to ask this question it might reveal a variety of responses. For instance some might respond that freedom is being free to do what we want to do, or say what we want to say…or even feel what we want to feel…While to others it might be more about being free to come and go…to travel freely, or free to have those things we want. So is it a subjective question? Is freedom merely a state of mind? Perhaps our Founders can shed some light…
Here are two key phrases from the 1st and 2nd paragraphs of our Declaration of Independence that answers the question for me:
- , and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them,
- , that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
The key found in the phrase within the 1st paragraph which strikes me is the Founders’ use of the word “powers” and how they connected these “powers” to the separate and equal station as determined by Natural Law & God…rather than say, a King…or a certain Messianic President, cough, cough! The Key phrase in the 2nd paragraph is “the pursuit of Happiness.”
So in the context of these specific expressions about power and happiness, allow me to post two observations, pose two specific questions and then invite your thoughtful heart-felt response.
1) Love him or hate him, Edward Snowden just revealed that the same government that has targeted political dissenters, has total access and is spying on every citizen, public and private…every call and key stroke!
2) Americans make up less than 5% of the global population but consume 80% of the world’s supply of opioid prescription pills. Don’t worry, be happy!
Two Specific Questions
1) Who has the real power…the people or their government?
2) If Americans were truly free to pursue happiness, why aren’t they…happy?
I’m sure you have your own theories, but let me ask you this. Isn’t it reasonable to assume that a government…and I keep using the word government which is hardly adequate in describing the central powers that lurk beneath our amber waves of grain like some evil snooping-submarine with constitution-seeking torpedoes. It’s more of an Oligarchic mishmash of nefarious government/crony corporate powers when you get right down to it. Isn’t it reasonable to conclude that such a power capable of all that Snowden has revealed, would also be capable of manipulating how and what the people think?
Now hold that thought and think about where your money is right now ~
“So who are these people who are “in-the-know” in the financial markets? As I have said, it is all down to the High Frequency Trading guys. Now here is where it all comes together and gets incestuous. The HFT guys are the same guys who are developing and writing the code and algorithms for massive data (“cloud”) mining and surveillance. They have exhausted the profit potential in the High Frequency Trading itself, because they have run off all of the non-HFT liquidity and thus they were all just trying to poach off of each other, which makes basically no money. So, what they are now doing is developing code that processes ALL news data on the planet, and then the algorithms look for micro-trends, and then attempt to generate volatility and then poach the volatility in sectors or commodities that these micro-trends are indentified in. So yes, all of this “data cloud” and surveillance algorithm stuff that the government is involved in is being developed by the government’s operational arm on Wall Street. Or is the government the operational arm of Wall Street?”~ Ann Barnhardt
We are anything BUT Free! We are mostly drugged, deluded and distracted while freedom slips away…like precious oxygen from a leaky cylinder. The following is dedicated to Ty Woods, Glen Doherty, their families, my Oath Keeper and Tea Party Brothers and Sisters and every single one of you standing for our Liberty! What the Silver Moon Knows!
Answers from Tuesday’s “Low Information Voter Quiz”:
1) What do Benghazi and Fast & Furious have in common?
Answer– US Government Illegal Gun Running to Mexican Drug Cartels (F&F) and Muslim Brotherhood (Benghazi)!
2) What business transaction put $100 Million in Al Gore’s pocket in 2012?
Answer- The sale of Gore’s Current TV to the titans of fossil fuel and the Tokyo Rose of Jihad, Al Jazeera!
3) What task did George Soros perform for the Nazis?
Answer- The rounding up and confiscation of Jewish property and possessions.
4) What is the name of Saul Alinsky’s most famous book?
Answer-Rules for Radicals.
5) Former Obama “Green Czar” Van Jones was a self-proclaimed _______________. A- Communist B- Libertarian C- Vegetarian
Answer- A- Communist
6) Frank Marshall Davis was Obama’s ______________. A- Mentor B- Father C- Uncle
Answer- Communist Frank Marshall Davis was one of Obama’s “Founding Fathers” as well as his alleged biological father according to author Dinesh D’Souza …so the answer to the trick question is A & B!
7) Who is Ben Carson?
Answer- Dr. Ben Carson is the Black Christian Conservative Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University Medical Center who was turned away from delivering the Commencement address at Johns Hopkins for being a Black Conservative Christian!
8) What organization’s members were caught on video intimidating voters in Philly?
Answer- The New Black Panthers! (The case was dismissed by Eric Holder’s DOJ!)
9) What deal did Obama make with the Clintons to get Bill Clinton’s support in 2012?
Answer- Bill would support Barack in 2012 for Barack’s support of Hilary in 2016!
10) What does NDAA stand for?
Answer- National Defense Authorization Act!
If you scored:
100% – Congratulations! You’re as depressed as I am!!
90% – Passionate Patriot!
80%- A Great American!
70%- Informed Citizen!
60%- Low Information Voter!
50%- Uninformed Voter!
30%- Threat to National Security!
20%- Threat to Gene Pool!
10%- Illegal Alien!
0%- Brain Dead! 😦