From the forward of JFK’s Profiles in Courage:
This book tells the stories of men who in their own time recognized what needed to be done—and did it. President Kennedy was fond of quoting Dante that “the hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in a time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
If there is a lesson from the lives of the men John Kennedy depicts in this book, if there is a lesson from his life and from his death, it is that in this world of ours none of us can afford to be lookers-on, the critics standing on the sidelines.
Thomas Carlyle wrote, “The courage we desire and prize is not the courage to die decently but to live manfully.”
One could argue the world’s a better place since 1956…what would you say?
• Christians are being systemically slaughtered in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Sudan and Nigeria…while our President frets over the name of a football team.
• Americans are being systemically lied to on Obamacare, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, Surveillance, the Economy, the IRS and Wall Street by our President.
• Americans are being divided and pitted against one another through the implementation of bogus “Hate Laws”.
• No one is accountable!
• Americans have forgotten what it means to be an American.
• Individual Liberty & Freedom are on the brink of extinction!
• Our friends no longer trust us, and our enemies no longer fear us!
Forget about “lookers-on”! The majority of my own family members don’t bother “LOOKING”! They willfully accept the marginalization of those who do as a buffer to their own pain…and Hell, as Dante put it! The perfect Orwellian recipe if ever there were one! To observe 2014 rather than live it manfully with purpose will be the most solid foundation of serfdom imaginable for generations to follow…
To my Democrat and Liberal friends:
Imagine yourselves suddenly shaken and stirred from a delightful respite by Jack Kennedy with wings screaming “Snap out of it!” …Geesh!